The Action contributes to the deployment of SESAR and it is aimed at facilitating the coordinated and synchronised deployment of a cluster of 60 Implementation Projects (IPs) in EU Member States. These IPs are aligned with the Pilot Common Projects (PCP), as defined in Regulation 716/2014 and are expected to achieve enhancement in terms of ATM performance.
This Action includes IPs in four of the six ATM Functionalities (AFs) described in the PCP, in particular:
- AF1 Extended Arrival Management (AMAN) and Performance Based Navigation (PBN) in high density Terminal Manoeuvring Areas (TMAs)
- AF2 Airport Integration and Throughput
- AF3 Flexible Airspace Management (ASM) and Free Route
- AF4 Network Collaborative Management
- AF5 Initial System Wide Information Management (SWIM)